On April 8, 2021, the GGC School of Science of Technology held its annual Science, Technology, and Research Symposium (STaRS). The purpose of this event is to promote science, math, and technology for our STEM students, and to provide opportunities to showcase the scientific research and other STEM activities that take place at GGC. This year, the event was all virtual and included several student research posters, interactive activities, a graduate school fair, and a T-shirt design contest. We are proud of the hard work by many of our Chemistry faculty and students. There were nine chemistry posters presented during STaRS. You may view the STaRS website at ggc-stars.github.io.
- “Drinking Water Production Using Temperature Swing Solvent Extraction,”
- “Fluorination reaction of quercetin using selectfluor,”
- “Fluorination reactions of 1-amino Anthraquinone using Selectfluor,”
- “Synthesis, characterization, and photoisomerization studies of chalcone derivatives,”
- “GGC American Chemical Society Club,”
- “LC-MS analysis of Flavonoids in Ginkgo Supplement,”