1. Michael Kirberger, “Pb(II) disruption of synaptic activity through Ca(II)- and Zn(II)-binding proteins”, Neurotransmitter (2017).
2. Michael Kirberger, Rakshya Gorkhali, Mani Salarian, and Jenny YangJ, “Calmodulin (CALM1)”, Encyclopedia of Signaling Molecules, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4614-6438-9_101972-1 (2017).
3. Liao W, Li W, Zhang T, Kirberger M, Liu J, Wang P, Cheng W, and Wang Y, “Powering Up the Molecular Therapy of RNA Interference by Novel Nanoparticles”, Biomaterials Science (2016).
4. Gorkhali R, Huang K, Kirberger M, Yang J, “Defining Potential Roles of Pb2+ in Neurotoxicity from a Calciomics Approach”, Metallomics (2016)
5. Yang L, Li W, Kirberger M, Liao W, Ren J, “Design of nanomaterial based systems for novel vaccine development”, Biomaterials Science (2016)
6. Li W, Zhao K, Kirberger M, Liao W, Yan Y, “Next generation sequencing technologies in cancer diagnostics and therapeutics: A mini review”, Cellular and Molecular Biology (2015).
7. J. Liu, S.-H. Jia, M. Kirberger, N. Chen, “Lunasin as a promising health-beneficial peptide”, European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences (2014).
8. Michael Kirberger, Hing Wong, Jie Jiang, Jenny J. Yang, “Metal toxicity and Opportunistic binding of Pb2+ in proteins”, Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry (2013).
9. Xianjuan Kou, Michael Kirberger, Ning Chen, “Natural Products for Cancer Prevention Associated with Nrf2-ARE Pathway”, Food Science and Human Wellness (2013).
10. Kun Zhao, Xue Wang, Hing C. Wong, Robert Wolhueter, Michael Kirberger, Guantao Chen, Jenny J. Yang, “Predicting Ca2+-binding sites using refined carbon clusters”, Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics (2012).
11. Michael Kirberger, Jenny J. Yang, “Calcium binding sites in proteins”, Encyclopedia of Metalloproteins (2011).
12. Xue Wang, Kun Zhao, Michael Kirberger, Hing Wong, Guantao Chen, Jenny J. Yang, “Analysis and Prediction of Calcium-binding Pockets from Apo Protein Structures Exhibiting Calcium-induced Localized Conformational Changes”, Protein Science (2010).
13. Michael Kirberger, Xue Wang, Kun Zhao, Shen Tang, Guantao Chen, Jenny J. Yang, “Integration of diverse research methods to analyze and engineer Ca2+-binding proteins: From prediction to production”, Current Bioinformatics (2010).
14. Xue Wang, Michael Kirberger, Hai Deng, Guantao Chen, Jenny Yang, “Towards Predicting Ca2+-binding Sites with Different Coordination Numbers in Proteins with Atomic Resolution”, Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics (2008).
15. Michael Kirberger, Jenny J. Yang, “Structural Differences Between Pb2+- and Ca2+-binding Sites in Proteins: Implications with Respect to Toxicity”, Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry (2008).
16. Michael Kirberger, Xue Wang, Hai Deng, Wei Yang, Jenny J. Yang, Guantao Chen, “Statistical Analysis of Structural Characteristics of Protein Ca2+-binding sites”, Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry (2008).
17. Yubin Zhou, Wei Yang, Michael Kirberger, Hsiau-Wei Lee, Gayatri Ayalasomayajula, Jenny J. Yang, “Prediction of EF-hand Calcium Binding Proteins and Analysis of Bacterial EF-Hand Proteins”, Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics (2006).