Do you typically feel like you’re being pulled in a dozen different directions at once, with no time or energy to find your balance? Make a small (but potentially rewarding) investment in yourself this summer and join us in the Center for Teaching Excellence for Mindful Mondays. These weekly mindfulness sessions are intended to give you a chance to just sit still and breathe for a while – to relax, de-stress, and re-center yourself.
So are you interested in trying this out for yourself? Then join us in the CTE this summer for Mindful Mondays, starting Monday, June 17th. We will have two sessions each Monday; one from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., and another from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Each hour will be broken into two half-hour periods, during which a short introduction will be followed by a short meditation, which will be followed by a short period for reflection / comments / Q&A.
Schedule for the 10:00 a.m. session:
- 10:00 – 10:10 – introduction / instruction
- 10:10 – 10:20 – mindfulness meditation
- 10:20 – 10:30 – reflection / comments / Q&A
- 10:30 – 10:40 – introduction / instruction
- 10:40 – 10:50 – mindfulness meditation
- 10:50 – 11:00 – reflection / comments / Q&A
Schedule for the 2:00 p.m. session:
- 2:00 – 2:10 – introduction / instruction
- 2:10 – 2:20 – mindfulness meditation
- 2:20 – 2:30 – reflection / comments / Q&A
- 2:30 – 2:40 – introduction / instruction
- 2:40 – 2:50 – mindfulness meditation
- 2:50 – 3:00 – reflection / comments / Q&A
You do not have to stay for the full hour, or even for a full half hour – come for ten or fifteen minutes if you like, or for however long you are able to stay. If you have already participated in the introduction / instructions and would like more time to meditate, however, you’re welcome to continue sitting through the entire session. Complete beginners are welcome, as are experienced practitioners.
If you have any questions about Mindful Mondays, please contact the CTE.