New in Digital Learning – Technonauts Info-Sharing Sessions

One of the ideas I’ve been tossing around for a while is that of having some semi-regular free-form information sharing sessions about digital learning – what faculty are doing with technology in their classrooms, what has worked, what hasn’t, and so on. I think that the only way that we can get this off the ground is to jump in headfirst and start doing it, so I went ahead and scheduled the first session for Wednesday, Feb 22nd at 2:00 p.m.; we’ll meet in the CTE conference room.

It’s on the CTE calendar as “Technonauts: Exploring Digital Learning at GGC”. I was wavering between Technonauts and Tech Talks, but the bolder, more adventurous / exploratory name seemed more appropriate given the purpose of the discussions. I’ve also scheduled a second session on Tuesday, March 14th at 10:00 a.m. Once a month seems like a good goal, and a mix of days / times may allow more people to attend.

If you like, we can discuss the name and our goals for the discussions along with whatever awesome things you’re doing in the classroom. So please show if you have anything to share or are simply interested in hearing what your fellow faculty members are doing with digital learning.

2 thoughts on “New in Digital Learning – Technonauts Info-Sharing Sessions

1. I have to say that the first Technonauts discussion went quite well. Dr. Etheridge’s presentation was very interesting, and was followed by an animated conversation about technology, teaching, and learning. In the end, I had to step in and wrap things up when we were shortly past the hour mark; otherwise, I think it could have kept going for quite some time.